Your Travel Guide in Baltics
Amber Road Tours
Vilnius - Klaipeda - Ventspils - Nida - Vilnius
The advantages of the trip:
- Amber Road Tours.
- A detailed tour itinerary.
- During this tour in a short time, you will be able to get know with Amber history in Lithuania and Latvia.
- Carefully selected hotels, delicious national food, helpful and attentive local staff.
- One of the most beautiful places in Lithuania: Klaipeda and Curonian Spit.
- Ventspils - is a modern city and in the same time well preserved his history.
- Great value for money of local amber souvenirs and decorations which you can purchase during this tour.
- Qualified local guides.
- The convenient transportation and short distances between cities.
Day 1. Vilnius - Klaipeda
Arriving in Vilnius. Journey to the Lithuanian port city - Klaipeda, which is also known as - Memel during the time of the German occupation. This city is one of the most beautiful cities in our country, which is decorated with distinctive architectural buildings. Klaipeda - the third most populous city and the only port in Lithuania. The city has the only one Clock Museum and the oldest pharmacy shop in Lithuania - "The Green Pharmacy”. The exploration of the only one Lithuanian port city starts with - Klaipeda - Old Town, which is one of the most beautiful in our country. Theatre Square, the heart of the port city. This is a place where local people and guest of Klaipeda really love to gather. A variety of concerts, International Jazz Festival, and the most famous The Sea Festival - Klaipeda it’s a place where all these events are taking place.
We continue to explore the city, which has a unique building architecture (a legacy of the German period). Germans dominate the streets of the Old Town is characterized Fachwerk style. Later we will visit the Clock Museum *, which was founded in 1984., and stored in one of Europe's largest collections of watches. In this museum are exhibited sun, water, fire, sand and mechanical watches. Here you can see the Baroque, Renaissance, Rococo, Neoclassical and Art Nouveau-style watches. The courtyard of the museum has the great park, where is the sun watch. Spend here few minutes and you can notice movements of this magnificent sun clock. Overnight at the hotel.
Day 2. Klaipeda - Ventspils
Breakfast. After breakfast, a guided tour to visit Ventspils in Latvia. It is assumed that here start the first traces of "Amber Road". We will visit the Ventspils Museum*, which is located in Livonia Order Castle, here are archeological finds of amber. Later proceed for Pavilostas, quiet and untouched town near the sea. In autumn and spring after the strong winds and storms of the Baltic Sea, near in this small town, on the coastline, the sea emits a number of amber, also known as the Gold of Baltic region. Pavilostas always working 4-5 professional Amber cachers.If there will possibility, we will introduce you to those people, who will tell you interesting facts about Amber. Overnight in the hotel.
Day 3. Ventspils - Sventoji - Palanga - Klaipeda
Breakfast. After breakfast, we will go to the Sventoji town. In this village was a shrine for offerings to our pagan Gods, before the Christianity came to our lands. It is believed that in these dunes stands the only one restored pagan temple in Lithuania, with the astronomical observatory. The ancient Lithuanians came to their shrines, to pray and make offerings to the gods. Now here's a place for pagan Festivals which are still for some local people. The journey continues to Palanga. Here we will enter the treasure of city - The Amber Museum*. In this museum, from 15 countries, are exhibited over 4500 amber articles. Later on, we will go to open air amber workshop. Professional amber masters will provide an opportunity to monitor the entire process of amber development from crude amber pies till its transformation into the decoration that you can buy here in an amber jewelry. We will complete our day trip by visiting Minor Lithuania History Museum in Klaipeda. Here is exhibition of a large amber collection findings from the V-VI centuries, they will let you get know the history of amber, explore ancient amber beads necklaces, which once was used not only as decoration, but also had served as money. Overnight at the hotel.
Day 4. Klaipeda - the Curonian Spit
Breakfast. After breakfast, we will proceed for a day trip to Curonian Spit. This is the peninsula that separates the Curonian Lagoon from the Baltic Sea. In year 2000 Curonian Spit was included in the UNESCO World Heritage List. Will enter Juodkrante, it is a cozy resort town, which was found in the nineteenth century, the world's largest amber archeological discovery, which consists of 434 amber decorations. A large amount of those findings was rare and valuable amber human and animal figurines. The collections are displayed at various exhibitions and copies of those figurines you can observe in Palanga Amber Museum. Then we continue the journey to the largest village on the Curonian Spit - Nida. The town - has quaint walking paths, friendly environment and well-preserved old fishermen's houses. We will visit Mizgiriai Amber Gallery*. This gallery was opened in 1993. It gathers and displays high artistic amber decoration. There are private workshops where you can buy unique amber jewelry made on the spot straight from the artists that had made them. Overnight at the hotel.
Day 5. Nida - Klaipeda - Airport
Breakfast. After breakfast transfer to the airport. Your flight back to your country.
PLEASE NOTE: we can arrange the best price for your individual request. Flexible prices depend on number of tourists. Please make your request!
- Traveling on a comfortable bus / minibus / Light machine with an AC.
- 4 night in 2*/3* hotels, accommodation with breakfast (at the early departure may be the breakfast package).
- Excursion - entertainment program (in the description).
- Ferry tickets Klaipeda - Smiltyne - Klaipeda.
- Ecological taxes (green fees) of National park in Curonian Spit.
- Local guides.
- The travel paperwork documentation.
- Free WiFi on your trip.
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED:
- International flight tickets ( but we will help you buy inexpensive flight tickets).
- (*) - tour at paid attractions: tourists pay about 30 euros all in (*) selected objects.
- Meals: Lunch, dinner.
- Medical Insurance.
- Personal expenses, gratuities to local guides and drivers, beverages, and other expenses not mentioned.
- You will have to pay extra for permission to take pictures and videos of certain objects.
The trip program can be adjusted (price adjusted after inquiry).
- Anyone wishing to book 4* or 5 * hotels during the trip (price adjusted after inquiry).
- The tour can also go like this Riga - Ventspils - Sventoji - Palanga - Klaipeda - Curonian Spit - Riga/Kaunas or Vilnius. The price will be adjusted to the new tour itinerary.
DURING THE TRIP, IN ADDITION WE CAN OFFER YOU:
Special tours in Klaipeda and Curonian Spit
- Tasting events of Beer and other Lithuanian drinks;
- Spa packages;
- Air Balloon Flight **;
- Airplane flight (guided tour) **;
- And many other attractions.
** Depending on the season and weather conditions.
- We recommend taking your swimsuits and towels.
- Comfortable footwear in highly recommended.
- If you wish to participate the evening excursion you need to order this in advance with all your tour package.
Other important information:
- The tour operator reserves the right to optimize the route.
- Change of train, ferry schedules and/or other services prices, exchange of currency, itinerary, the departure day and price of the trip are subject to be change.
- Offered tours, attractions, the number of visiting sites and prices are subject to be change.
- Specified transportation time may change due to road conditions, traffic or weather conditions.
- In order to ensure the safety of travelers, the tour operator reserve the right to change the itinerary.
- Tour sequence, hotels and transportation of circumstances or events, traveling in the country (natural phenomena weather conditions, strikes, political circumstances, etc..), which could not be foreseen prior to travel.
- Organizer will not be responsible for additional costs incurred due to the circumstances (eg, visa extension, additional accommodation, transportation and so on.).
Tour: Amber Road Tours