Your Travel Guide in Baltics
Baltic Highlights Tour - NEW YEAR / 8days
Baltic Highlights Tour - NEW YEAR
The advantages of the trip:
- You will visit 3 Baltic Countries - Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia;
- A detailed tour itinerary;
- Centrally located 4-5 star hotels;
- The Old Town of Vilnius, Riga and Tallinn which are included in the UNESCO World Heritage list;
Day 1 (Thursday - 2017.12.28): Arrival Vilnius
Welcome to Vilnius where you will begin your tour of the Baltic countries. Optional* transfer to Hotel Artis Centrum**** or similar, check-in, welcome meeting. Overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 2 (Friday - 2017.12.29): Vilnius
Breakfast. After breakfast sightseeing tour in Vilnius is known for its more than 1.200 medieval buildings and 48 churches. The morning tour includes a panoramic tour of the city and a walking tour of the Old Town with Vilnius Cathedral, Gediminas Tower, Peter and Paul Church, St. Anne’s Church, Old University and the Gates of Dawn. The afternoon offers an optional* excursion to Trakai, the medieval capital of Lithuania, with the well preserved Trakai Castle, beautifully located on an island in Lake Galve. In the evening enjoy an optional* folklore dinner at Restaurant Belmontas. Overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 3 (Saturday - 2017.12.30): Vilnius - Riga
Breakfast. After breakfast heading for Riga, the first stop is the Hills of Crosses, one of the most holy sites of Catholic Lithuania. After crossing into Latvia we soon reach the magnificent Rundale Palace, the former summer residence of the Duke of Courland. Following a guided tour of the palace we travel through the rolling hills of Southern Latvia to reach Riga late afternoon, check-in at Hotel Radisson Blu Ridzene**** or similar. Overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 4 (Sunday - 2017.12.30): Riga
Breakfast. Riga, founded in 1201 by the German bishop Albert, is the largest of the three Baltic capitals and boasts a real kaleidoscope of architectural styles and by the end of December the whole city is preparing for a vibrant New Year celebration. The sightseeing tour of the Old Town includes a walking tour in the Old Town including Riga Castle, the Dome Cathedral, St. Peter’s Church, the Swedish Gate, the Three Brothers, the Large and Small Guilds and the Freedom Monument. The optional guided shopping tour in the afternoon will take us to interior decoration and design stores, art galleries and fashion boutiques in the Old Town with the main focus on local brands and artists. En route we enjoy a warm cup of coffee with Latvian Christmas pastry in a cosy café. In the evening we enjoy an up-scale and entertaining Fabulous New Year Gala. Overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 5 (Monday - 2018.01.01): Riga
Breakfast. Today we offer optional tour to Riga Art Nouveaux district and tour along Riga Boulevard circle. The tour ends with warm-up Riga black balsam drink at a central cafe. In the evening we offer optional excursion to the Lido Recreational Centre, a large restaurant and entertainment centre located in the largest blockhouse in Europe and surrounded by a lot of winter attractions. We enjoy a traditional self-service Latvian dinner before going back to the hotel. Overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 6 (Tuesday - 2018.01.02): Riga - Tallinn
Breakfast. After breakfast the tour continues along the coastal highway to the Estonian summer resort of Parnu. We do a short tour of the resort before we continue through the North Estonian land of forests and arrive in Tallinn early afternoon, check-in at the Hotel Original Sokos Viru**** or similar. Overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 7 (Wednesday - 2018.01.03): Tallinn
Breakfast. After breakfast the sightseeing tour in Tallinn is a charming blend of medieval tranquillity and modern urban life. The medieval Old Town is a busy place in the summer with its many shops, galleries, souvenir markets, outdoor cafés and restaurants. The tour takes us around the old medieval city walls and into the Old Town where we see Toompea Castle, Dome Church, Alexander Nevsky Cathedral, medieval Old Town Hall and Great Guild Hall. In the afternoon an optional* excursion is offered to Kadriorg Park and visit to KUMU, the award-winning new Estonian art museum, with its collections of classic and contemporary fine art. The evening offers an optional* medieval dinner at Restaurant Peppersack. Overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 8 (Thursday - 2018.01.04): Tallinn Departure
Breakfast. Your tour of the Baltic countries ends today. After breakfast there will be optional* transfers to the airport.
PLEASE NOTE: Terms and conditions!
PRICE per persone:
805.00 EUR 635.00 EUR (double occupancy); 300.00 EUR (single occupancy)
- GNY01: 28.12-04.02.18
- 7 overnights at centrally located 4-5 star hotels
- 7 x buffet breakfast
- Welcome meeting with champagne-cocktail or juice
- Personalised welcome package
- 3-hour Vilnius, Riga and Tallinn old town walking tours
- Entrances to Old University in Vilnius, Rundale Palace and medieval Great Guild Hall in Tallinn
- New Year Gala at a Riga city restaurant
- Service of English and German speaking tour escort on all tours
- Service of Italian and Spanish speaking tour escort on all tours
- Service of 1st class motor coaches or 1st class minivans throughout the itinerary
- Portage at hotels
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED:
- International flight tickets (but we will help you buy inexpensive flight tickets).
- (*) - optional selected objects.
- Meals: Lunch, dinner.
- Medical Insurance.
- Personal expenses, gratuities to local guides and drivers, beverages, and other expenses not mentioned.
- P. S. you will have to pay extra for permission to take pictures and videos of certain objects.
- Transfer airport to Hotel Artis Centrum: EUR 35.00 for private car (1-3 persons), EUR 55.00 for private minivan (4-7 persons)
- 3-hour excursion to Trakai and visit to Trakai Castle: EUR 40.00 pp
- Folklore dinner at Restaurant Belmontas: EUR 40.00 pp
- Guided shopping tour in Riga: EUR 25.00 pp
- 3-hours visit to Riga Art Nouveaux district with a visit to Art Nouveaux museum: EUR 30.00 pp
- 3-hour excursion to Lido Recreational Centre with a 3-course Latvian dinner: EUR 60.00 pp
- 3-hour excursion to Kadriorg Park and visit to KUMU: EUR 40.00 pp
- Medieval dinner at Restaurant Peppersack: EUR 40.00 pp
- Transfer Hotel Original Sokos Viru to airport: EUR 35.00 for private car (1-3 persons), EUR 55.00 for private minivan (4-7 persons)
- The trip program can be adjusted (price adjusted after inquiry).
Tour: Baltic Highlights Tour - NEW YEAR
Traveller reviewsExcellent 5.0 / 5 All reviews (2)
Map of this tour
Latest Traveller Review
Visited December, 2017
"Just returned from the tour and what an amazing time we had. The hotels were comfortable, the food lovely All staff pleasant and friendly.Thank you so much Travel in Baltics for a great new year tour!!! "
Visited December, 2017
Just returned from the tour and what an amazing time we had. The hotels were comfortable, the food lovely All staff pleasant and friendly.Thank you so much Travel in Baltics for a great new year tour!!!Mick (Australia)
Visited December, 2017
Awesome value for money tour. The hotels was amazing, the tour guide was awesome and being in Riga with fireworks going off all around you is a once in a lifetime experience. Thank you once...