Your Travel Guide in Baltics
Baltic and Russian Explorer Tour / 16 days
Baltic and Russian Explorer Tour
The advantages of the trip:
- You will visit 5 Baltic Countries - Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, Finland, Russia;
- You will visit 4 Baltic Capitals- Vilnius, Riga, Tallinn, Helsinki, Moscow;
- A detailed tour itinerary;
- The Old Town of Vilnius, Riga and Tallinn, which are included in the UNESCO World Heritage list;
- Trakai town - it's one of the most prominent tourist destinations;
- The Hill of Crosses - a unique sacred place;
- Wonderful St. Petersburg;
- The most bigger city in east Europe - Moscow;
- Jurmala - the largest seaside resort town in the Baltic States;
Day 1 (Sunday) Arrive Vilnius
Welcome to Vilnius where you will begin your tour of the Baltic countries. OPTIONAL* transfer to Hotel Radisson Blu Lietuva**** or similar, check-in, welcome meeting. Overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 2 (Monday) Vilnius
Breakfast. After breakfast the morning sightseeing tour of Vilnius. Vilnius is known for its more than 1200 medieval buildings and 48 churches. You will visit a panoramic tour of the city and a walking tour of the Old Town with Vilnius Cathedral, Gediminas Tower, Peter and Paul Church, St. Anne’s Church, Old University and the Gates of Dawn. The afternoon offers an OPTIONAL* excursion to Trakai, the medieval capital of Lithuania, with the well preserved Trakai Castle, beautifully located on an island in Lake Galve. In the evening enjoy an OPTIONAL* folklore dinner at Restaurant Belmontas. Overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 3 (Tuesday) Vilnius - Hill of Crosses - Rundale - Riga
Breakfast. After breakfast heading for Riga, the first stop is the Hills of Crosses, one of the most holy sites of Catholic Lithuania. After crossing into Latvia we soon reach the magnificent Rundale Palace, the former summer residence of the Duke of Courland. Following a guided tour of the palace we travel through the rolling hills of Southern Latvia to reach Riga late afternoon, check-in at Hotel Radisson Blu Latvija**** or similar. Overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 4 (Wednesday) Riga
Breakfast. After breakfast before we get acquainted with Riga, you have the option of discovering medieval Latvia. This OPTIONAL* tour morning takes you to the stunning scenery of the Gauja National Park and the town of Sigulda. We listen to the medieval Latvian legend of the Rose of Turaida and see the ruins of the Episcopal Castle and of the Castle of the Knights of the Sword before we return to Riga. If you are interested to continue sightseeing, the afternoon offers an OPTIONAL* visit to the Ethnographical Open Air Museum, a spacious exposition of 18th century country life. The evening offers an OPTIONAL* organ concert at the Dome Cathedral. Overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 5 (Thursday) Riga
Breakfast. After breakfast the walking tour of Riga. Riga, founded in 1201 by the German bishop Albert, is the largest of the three Baltic capitals and boasts a real kaleidoscope of architectural styles. You will see the Old Town includes Riga Castle, the Dome Cathedral, St. Peter’s Church, the Swedish Gate, the Three Brothers, the Large and Small Guilds and the Freedom Monument. If you do not have any plans in the afternoon, there is an OPTIONAL* visit to Jurmala, the vibrant Latvian sea resort which is famous for its wooden architecture and sandy beaches. In the evening enjoy an OPTIONAL* Latvian dinner at the stylish Restaurant Forest. Overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 6 (Friday) Riga – Parnu - Tallinn
Breakfast. After breakfast the tour continues along the coastal highway to the Estonian summer resort of Parnu. We do a short tour of the resort before we continue through the North Estonian land of forests and arrive in Tallinn early afternoon, check-in at the Hotel Radisson Blu Olympia**** or similar. Overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 7 (Saturday) Tallinn
Breakfast. After breakfast the sightseeing tour of Tallinn. Tallinn is a charming blend of medieval tranquillity and modern urban life. The medieval Old Town is a busy place in the summer with its many shops, galleries, souvenir markets, outdoor cafés and restaurants. The tour takes us around the old medieval city walls and into the Old Town where we see Toompea Castle, the Dome Church, Alexander Nevsky Cathedral, the medieval Old Town Hall and the Great Guild Hall. In the afternoon, we offer an OPTIONAL* excursion to Kadriorg Park with a visit to KUMU, the award-winning Estonian art museum with its collections of classical and contemporary fine art. The evening offers an OPTIONAL* medieval dinner at Restaurant Peppersack. Overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 8 (Sunday) Tallinn - Helsinki
Breakfast. After breakfast, this day offers first an OPTIONAL* day excursion to Lahemaa National Park, where we visit Palmse Manor, a memorial to the von Pahlen family, and Sagadi Manor. The tour ends with a visit to the charming 16th century Vihula Manor and the Vodka Museum. After lunch break, we head back to Tallinn to take the ferry to Helsinki and enjoy a refreshing tour through the Finnish archipelago before arriving in Helsinki. Upon arrival we are transferred to our hotel and check-in at Hotel Glo Art**** or similar. Overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 9 (Monday) Helsinki
Breakfast. After breakfast the sightseeing tour of Helsinki. Helsinki is truly located at the crossroads of Western and Eastern culture and this is reflected everywhere in the green and lively Finnish capital. The tour takes us around the harbours and the State Senate with the Lutheran Cathedral, up central Mannerheim Street and by the Parliament Building, the Finlandia Hall, and the Sibelius Monument and for a visit at the famous Church-in the-Rock. The afternoon offers an OPTIONAL* excursion to Seurasaari Open-Air Museum, an oasis in the midst of the city with cottages, farmsteads and manors from all around Finland. Overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 10 (Tuesday) Helsinki – St. Petersburg
Breakfast. After breakfast, today we continue eastbound to St. Petersburg. Shortly after crossing the border into Russia we arrive in Vyborg, where we take time for a short sightseeing tour and a visit to Vyborg Castle. In the late afternoon, we arrive in St. Petersburg and check-in at Hotel Sokos Vasilievsky**** or similar. Overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 11 (Wednesday) St. Petersburg
Breakfast. After breakfast the morning sightseeing tour in St. Petersburg. St. Petersburg is an amazing city. Its imperial palaces and museums enjoy worldwide fame, while the Neva River and the many canals have deservedly given the city the title “The Venice of the North”. During the tour we get acquainted with all the splendours of the city: the Peter-Paul Fortress, the Winter Palace, St. Isaac’s Cathedral, the Church of the Bleeding Savior, the Nevsky Convent and much more. The afternoon offers an OPTIONAL* excursion to Zarskoye Selo with the impressive Catherine’s Palace and the Amber Room, which vanished during World War II and was restored for St. Petersburg’s tri-centennial celebrations. In the evening we offer an OPTIONAL* visit to the Nikolaevsky Palace with an exciting Russian folklore show and Russian "champagne" and snacks. Overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 12 (Thursday) St. Petersburg
Breakfast. After breakfast you can enjoy a free day in St. Petersburg or take an OPTIONAL* tour to Peterhof, an uncontested masterpiece of the time of Peter the Great, with the impressive Grand Palace, Grand Cascade and Water Avenue and its wonderful parks. In the afternoon, an OPTIONAL* visit to the world-famous Hermitage Art Museum is offered. In the evening enjoy an OPTIONAL* Russian dinner at Restaurant Russian Kitsch. Overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 13 (Friday) St. Petersburg - Moscow
Breakfast. After breakfast the early morning is reserved for an OPTIONAL* St. Petersburg channel cruise. Around noon we go to the Moscow Railway Station and board the Sapsan high-speed train bound for Moscow. The train ride takes us through endless Russian landscapes along the River Volga. In the late afternoon we arrive to Moscow and check in at Hotel Park Inn Sadu**** or similar. Overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 14 ( Saturday) Moscow
Breakfast. After breakfast the morning sightseeing tour in Moscow. Moscow - the Mother of Russia, is a genuine Russian city with the Kremlin and its onion domed cathedrals. The dramatic changes over the last decade have made the city to one of the most dynamic metropolis in the world. The tour includes all the highlights of the vast city: the Red Square with Kremlin, the Theatre Square with Bolshoi Theatre, Sparrow Hills with Moscow University and we visit the Kremlin grounds and one of the cathedrals. In the afternoon is offered an OPTIONAL* visit to the Moscow Metro including the historical stations on the Ring-Line and a guided stroll along the famous pedestrian Arbat Street. If you want to continue sightseeing, the evening offers an OPTIONAL* excursion with a cruise along the Moscow River. Overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 15 (Sunday) Moscow
Breakfast. After breakfast, this day offers an OPTIONAL* full day excursion to the quaint town of Sergiev Posad, where we visit the Trinity Lavra of St. Sergius, the most important Russian monastery and the spiritual heart of the Russian Orthodox Church. The whole Lavra has been beautifully restored for the 700-years celebrations of the birth of St. Sergius of Radonezh. The evening offers an OPTIONAL* visit to the Old Russian Circus. Overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 16 (Monday) Moscow Departure
Breakfast. Your tour of the Baltic countries ends today. After breakfast there will be OPTIONAL* transfers to the airport.
PLEASE NOTE: Terms and conditions!
PRICE per persone: 1741.00 EUR (double occupancy); 750.00 EUR (single occupancy)
Supplement for GXP05-GXP06 and GBX10-GBX11
EUR 75.00 (double occupancy)
EUR 75.00 (single supplement)
Supplement for GBX07-GBX09
EUR 150.00 (double occupancy)
EUR 150.00 (single supplement)
- GBX05: 21.05-05.06.17
- GBX06: 28.05-12.06.17
- GBX07: 04.06-19.06.17
- GBX08: 11.06-26.06.17
- GBX09: 18.06-03.07.17
- GBX10: 25.06-10.07.17
- GBX11: 02.07-17.07.17
- GBX12: 09.07-24.07.17
- GBX13: 16.07-31.07.17
- GBX14: 23.07-07.08.17
- GBX15: 30.07-14.08.17
- GBX16: 06.08-21.08.17
- GBX17: 13.08-28.08.17
- GBX18: 20.08-04.09.17
- GBX19: 27.08-11.09.17
- GBX20: 03.09-18.09.17
- GBX21: 10.09-25.09.17
- 15 overnights at centrally located 4 star hotels
- 15 x buffet breakfast
- Welcome meeting with champagne-cocktail or juice
- Personalised welcome package
- Entrances to Old University in Vilnius, Rundale Palace, medieval Great Guild Hall in Tallinn, Church-in-the Rock in Helsinki, Peter-Paul-Fortress in St. Petersburg and Moscow Kremlin
- Service of English and German speaking tour escort on all tours
- Service of Italian speaking tour escort on all tours
- Service of Portuguese speaking tour escorts on tour GBX07, GBX09, GBX13, GBX16 and GBX20
- Service of 1st class motor coaches or 1st class minivans throughout the itinerary
- Ferry Tallinn-Helsinki OW
- Sapsan high-speed train St. Petersburg-Moscow OW (2nd class)
- Portage at hotels and railway stations
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED:
- International flight tickets (but we will help you buy inexpensive flight tickets).
- (*) - optional selected objects.
- Meals: Lunch, dinner.
- Medical Insurance.
- Personal expenses, gratuities to local guides and drivers, beverages, and other expenses not mentioned.
- P. S. you will have to pay extra for permission to take pictures and videos of certain objects.
- Transfer airport to Hotel Radisson Blu Lietuva: EUR 35.00 for private car (1-3 persons), EUR 55.00 for private minivan (4-7 persons)
- 3-hour excursion to Trakai and visit to Trakai Castle: EUR 40.00 pp
- Folklore dinner at Restaurant Belmontas: EUR 40.00 pp
- 4-hour excursion to Gauja National Park: EUR 50.00 pp
- 3-hour excursion to the Open Air Museum: EUR 40.00 pp
- Organ concert at the Dome Cathedral: EUR 35.00 pp
- 4-hour excursion to Jurmala: EUR 40.00 pp
- Latvian dinner at Restaurant Forest: EUR 40.00 pp
- 3-hour excursion to Kadriorg Park and visit to KUMU: EUR 40.00 pp
- Medieval dinner at Restaurant Peppersack: EUR 40.00 pp
- 6-hour excursion to Lahemaa National Park: EUR 70.00 pp
- 3-hour excursion to the Seurasaari Open-Air Museum: EUR 45.00 pp
- 4-hour excursion to Zarskoye Selo and visit to Catherine's Palace: EUR 70.00 pp
- Visit to folklore show at the Nikolaevsky Palace: EUR 50.00 pp
- 4-hour excursion to Peterhof and visit to the Grand Palace: EUR 75.00 pp
- 3-hour visit to the Hermitage Art Museum: EUR 50.00 pp
- Russian dinner at Restaurant Russian Kitsch: EUR 40.00 pp
- 3-hour guided channel cruise: EUR 50.00 pp
- 3-hour Moscow metro and Arbat tour: EUR 25.00 pp
- 3-hour Moscow by night tour and river cruise: EUR 50.00 pp
- 8-hour excursion to Sergiev Posad: EUR 80.00 pp
- Visit to Old Russian Circus: EUR 70.00 pp
- Transfer Hotel Holiday Inn Lesnaya to airport: EUR 80.00 for private car (1-3 persons), EUR 100.00 for private minivan (4-7 persons)
- Half board at hotels (15 x 3 course dinner with coffee/tea): EUR 460.00 pp
Tour: Baltic and Russian Explorer Tour
Traveller reviewsExcellent 5.0 / 5 All reviews (1)
Latest Traveller Review
Visited June, 2016
"Accommodations in Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, Finland, Russia were well with a good location. Our tour guide was the best one we've ever had. He was was very helpful and knowledgeable, and made everything easy for us. When we had free time, the guide had many proposals to help us. The bus was clean, cozy, and the driver did a great job. All in all, a great travel experience."
Visited June, 2016
Accommodations in Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, Finland, Russia were well with a good location. Our tour guide was the best one we've ever had. He was was very helpful and knowledgeable, and made everything easy for us. When we had free time, the guide had many proposals to help us. The bus was clean, cozy, and the driver did a great job. All in all, a great travel experience.