Your Travel Guide in Baltics
Baltic Classic Tour / 8days
Baltic Classic Tour
The advantages of the trip:
- You will visit 3 Baltic Countries - Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia;
- A detailed tour itinerary;
- The Old Town of Vilnius, Riga and Tallinn which are included in the UNESCO World Heritage list;
- Trakai town - it's one of the most prominent tourist destinations;
- The Hill of Crosses - a unique sacred place;
- Unique Samogitia National Park.
Day 1 (Sunday): Arrival in Vilnius
Welcome to Vilnius! Today we begin our tour of the Baltic capitals. There will be optional* transfers to Hotel Radisson Blu Lietuva**** or similar where you will check-in and attend a welcome meeting. Overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 2 (Monday): Vilnius - Klaipėda
Breakfast. After breakfast sightseeing tour in Vilnius, which is known for its more than 1.200 medieval buildings and 48 churches. The tour includes a panoramic tour of the city and a walking tour of the Old Town with Vilnius Cathedral, Gediminas Tower, Peter and Paul Church, St. Anna’s Church, Old University and the Gates of Dawn. After the tour we continue to Trakai, the medieval capital of Lithuania and we visit the well preserved Trakai Castle, beautifully located on an island in Lake Galve. The balance of the day is spent en route to Klaipėda, where we arrive late afternoon. Check-in at Hotel National **** or similar. Overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 3 (Tuesday): Klaipėda
Breakfast. After breakfast the day is reserved for a full-day optional* tour to the Curonian Spit, a thin, 100 km stretch of land between the Baltic Sea and the Curonian Lagoon with small fishing villages, pine forests and endless sand dunes. Our first stop is the Hill of Witches in Juodkrante. After that we continue to Nida, where we visit the High Dunes, Thomas Mann’s summerhouse and get acquainted with the charming resort town before we drive back to Klaipėda. The evening offers an optional* Lithuanian dinner at Restaurant 19th Century. Overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 4 (Wednesday): Klaipėda - Hill of Crosses - Riga
Breakfast. Klaipėda first became a part of Lithuania in 1923 and had a long history as a German town called Memel. A short sightseeing tour takes us to the Old Town with its narrow, cobblestone streets and old guild houses and we visit the Theatre Square and the Aennchen von Tharau Fountain. We now continue to the Samogitia National Park, where we embark on a walking tour around the picturesque Lake Plateliai. After that we continue to Siauliai and Cross Hills, one of the holiest sites of Catholic Lithuania. We head North into Latvia and reach Riga in the afternoon, check-in at Hotel Radisson Blu Latvija**** or similar. The evening offers an optional organ concert at the Dome Cathedral. Overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 5 (Thursday): Riga
Breakfast. After breakfast the walking tour in Riga, which was founded in 1201 by the German bishop Albert is the largest of the 3 Baltic capitals and boasts a true kaleidoscope of various architectural styles. You will see: Old Town includes Riga Castle, Dome Cathedral, St. Peter’s Church, Swedish Gates, Three Brothers, Large and Small Guild House and the Freedom Monument. The afternoon is reserved for an optional* visit to Jurmala, the vibrant Latvian sea resort, famous for its wooden architecture and sandy beaches. In the evening enjoy an optional* Latvian dinner at the stylish Restaurant Forest. Overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 6 (Friday): Riga - Tallinn
Breakfast. After brakfast the tour continues along the coastal highway to the Estonian summer resort of Parnu. We do a short tour of the resort before we continue through the North Estonian land of forests and arrive in Tallinn early afternoon, check-in at the Hotel Radisson Blu Olympia**** or similar. Overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 7 (Saturday): Tallinn
Breakfast. Tallinn is a charming blend of medieval tranquillity and modern urban life. The medieval Old Town is a busy place in the summer with its many shops, galleries, souvenir markets, outdoor cafés and restaurants. The sightseeing tour takes us around the old medieval city walls and into the Old Town where we see Toompea Castle, Dome Church, Alexander Nevsky Cathedral, medieval Old Town Hall and Great Guild Hall. In the afternoon an optional* excursion is offered to Kadriorg Park and visit to KUMU, the award-winning new Estonian art museum, with its collections of classic and contemporary fine art. The evening offers an optional medieval dinner at Restaurant Peppersack. Overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 8 (Sunday): Tallinn Departure
Breakfast. Your tour of the Baltics ends today in Tallinn. Optional* transfers to the airport.
PLEASE NOTE: Terms and conditions!
PRICE per persone:
722.00 EUR 635.00 EUR (double occupancy); 300.00 EUR (single occupancy)
- GCA06: 27.05-03.06.18
- GCA08: 10.06-17.06.18
- GCA09: 17.06-24.06.18
- GCA10: 24.06-01.07.18
- GCA11: 01.07-08.07.18
- GCA12: 08.07-15.07.18
- GCA13: 15.07-22.07.18
- GCA14: 22.07-29.07.18
- GCA15: 29.07-05.08.18
- GCA16: 05.08-12.08.18
- GCA17: 12.08-19.08.18
- GCA18: 19.08-26.08.18
- 7 overnights at centrally located 4 star hotels
- 7 x buffet breakfast
- Welcome meeting with champagne-cocktail or juice
- Personalised welcome package
- Entrances to Old University in Vilnius and medieval Great Guild Hall in Tallinn
- Service of English and German speaking tour escort on all tours
- Service of Italian only speaking tour escort on tours GCA08, GCA10, GCA12, GCA14, GCA16 and GCA18
- Service of 1st class motor coaches or 1st class minivans throughout the itinerary
- Portage at hotels
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED:
- International flight tickets (but we will help you buy inexpensive flight tickets).
- (*) - optional selected objects.
- Meals: Lunch, dinner.
- Medical Insurance.
- Personal expenses, gratuities to local guides and drivers, beverages, and other expenses not mentioned.
- P. S. you will have to pay extra for permission to take pictures and videos of certain objects.
- Transfer airport to Hotel Radisson Blu Lietuva: EUR 35.00 for private car (1-3 persons), EUR 55.00 for private minivan (4-7 persons)
- 8-hour excursion to the Curonian Spit: EUR 80.00 pp
- Lithuanian dinner at Restaurant 19th Century: EUR 35.00 pp
- Organ concert at the Dome Cathedral: EUR 35.00 pp
- 4-hour excursion to Jurmala: EUR 40.00 pp
- Latvian dinner at Restaurant Forest: EUR 40.00 pp
- 3-hour excursion to Kadriorg Park and visit to KUMU: EUR 40.00 pp
- Medieval dinner at Restaurant Peppersack: EUR 40.00 pp
- Transfer Hotel Radisson Blu Olympia to airport: EUR 35.00 for private car (1-3 persons), EUR 55.00 for private minivan (4-7 persons)
- Half board at hotels (7 x 3 course dinner with coffee/tea): EUR 185.00 pp
- The trip program can be adjusted (price adjusted after inquiry).
- Anyone wishing to book 3* or 5* hotels during the trip (price adjusted after inquiry).
Tour: Baltic Classic Tour
Traveller reviewsExcellent 5.0 / 5 All reviews (4)
Map of this tour
Latest Traveller Review
Visited July, 2016
"I recommend this tour. Riga has a very wonderful old town with old history and a amazing lot of art deco buildings outside the old town. Estonia's old town is very perfect filled with very interesting shops and local handicraft.Vilnius and Trakai was a pleasure with its history and the buildings . I didn't tell how wonderful nature in Lithuania! Amazing tour!"
Visited July, 2016
I recommend this tour. Riga has a very wonderful old town with old history and a amazing lot of art deco buildings outside the old town. Estonia's old town is very perfect filled with very interesting shops and local handicraft.Vilnius and Trakai was a pleasure with its history and the buildings . I didn't tell how wonderful nature in Lithuania! Amazing tour!Alucia (Spain)
Visited June, 2016
Had a excellent time, this was my first tour abroad. The trip guide was superb. This journey set a very high lath for future travel. The architecture was wonderful! I highly recommend this trip!John (USA)
Visited May, 2016
We learned so much about this lovely and historic part of the world that has had a very tricky time and tragic recent past. It is remarkable how much charm has survived in spite of the occupations of this region by Hitler and Stalin. The main guide and other people we met were great and keen about their future.Marita (Norway)
Visited May, 2016
I am happy to tell you that our tour leader was very knowladge, me and my husband pleased with your service. I will tell you and strongly recommended your company!!! Also thank you for the gift.