Your Travel Guide in Baltics
Baltic Highlights Tour / 8days
Baltic Highlights Tour
The advantages of the trip:
- You will visit 3 Baltic Countries - Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia;
- A detailed tour itinerary;
- The Old Town of Vilnius, Riga and Tallinn which are included in the UNESCO World Heritage list;
Day 1 (Sunday): Arrival Vilnius
Welcome to Vilnius where you will begin your tour of the Baltic countries. Optional* transfer to Hotel Radisson Blu Lietuva**** or similar, check-in, welcome meeting. Overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 2 (Monday): Vilnius
Breakfast. After breakfast sightseeing tour in Vilnius is known for its more than 1.200 medieval buildings and 48 churches. The morning tour includes a panoramic tour of the city and a walking tour of the Old Town with Vilnius Cathedral, Gediminas Tower, Peter and Paul Church, St. Anne’s Church, Old University and the Gates of Dawn. The afternoon offers an optional* excursion to Trakai, the medieval capital of Lithuania, with the well preserved Trakai Castle, beautifully located on an island in Lake Galve. In the evening enjoy an optional* folklore dinner at Restaurant Belmontas. Overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 3 (Tuesday): Vilnius - Riga
Breakfast. After breakfast heading for Riga, the first stop is the Hills of Crosses, one of the most holy sites of Catholic Lithuania. After crossing into Latvia we soon reach the magnificent Rundale Palace, the former summer residence of the Duke of Courland. Following a guided tour of the palace we travel through the rolling hills of Southern Latvia to reach Riga late afternoon, check-in at Hotel Radisson Blu Latvija**** or similar. Overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 4 (Wednesday): Riga
Breakfast. Before we get acquainted with Riga we have the possibility of discovering medieval Latvia. The optional* tour for this morning takes us to the stunning scenery of the Gauja National Park and the town of Sigulda. We listen to the medieval Latvian legend of the Rose of Turaida and see the ruins of the Episcopal Castle and of the Castle of the Knights of the Sword before we return to Riga. The afternoon offers an optional* visit to the Ethnographical Open Air Museum, a spacious exposition of 18th century country life. The evening offers an optional* organ concert at the Dome Cathedral. Overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 5 (Thursday): Riga
Breakfast. After breakfast the walking tour in Riga, founded in 1201 by the German bishop Albert, is the largest of the three Baltic capitals and boasts a real kaleidoscope of architectural styles. The tour of the Old Town includes Riga Castle, the Dome Cathedral, St. Peter’s Church, the Swedish Gate, the Three Brothers, the Large and Small Guilds and the Freedom Monument. The afternoon is reserved for an optional* visit to Jurmala, the vibrant Latvian sea resort, famous for its wooden architecture and sandy beaches. In the evening enjoy an optional* Latvian dinner at the stylish Restaurant Forest. Overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 6 (Friday): Riga - Tallinn
Breakfast. After breakfast the tour continues along the coastal highway to the Estonian summer resort of Parnu. We do a short tour of the resort before we continue through the North Estonian land of forests and arrive in Tallinn early afternoon, check-in at the Hotel Radisson Blu Olympia**** or similar. Overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 7 (Saturday): Tallinn
Breakfast. After breakfast the sightseeing tour in Tallinn is a charming blend of medieval tranquillity and modern urban life. The medieval Old Town is a busy place in the summer with its many shops, galleries, souvenir markets, outdoor cafés and restaurants. The tour takes us around the old medieval city walls and into the Old Town where we see Toompea Castle, Dome Church, Alexander Nevsky Cathedral, medieval Old Town Hall and Great Guild Hall. In the afternoon an optional* excursion is offered to Kadriorg Park and visit to KUMU, the award-winning new Estonian art museum, with its collections of classic and contemporary fine art. The evening offers an optional* medieval dinner at Restaurant Peppersack. Overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 8 (Sunday): Tallinn Departure
Breakfast. Your tour of the Baltic countries ends today. After breakfast there will be optional* transfers to the airport.
PLEASE NOTE: Terms and conditions!
PRICE per persone: 635.00 EUR (double occupancy); 300.00 EUR (single occupancy)
- GBH01: 23.04-30.04.17
- GBH04: 14.05-21.05.17
- GBH05: 21.05-28.05.17
- GBH06: 28.05-04.06.17
- GBH07: 04.06-11.06.17
- GBH08: 11.06-18.06.17
- GBH09: 18.06-25.06.17
- GBH10: 25.06-02.07.17
- GBH11: 02.07-09.07.17
- GBH12: 09.07-16.07.17
- GBH13: 16.07-23.07.17
- GBH14: 23.07-30.07.17
- GBH15: 30.07-06.08.17
- GBH16: 06.08-13.08.17
- GBH17: 13.08-20.08.17
- GBH18: 20.08-27.08.17
- GBH19: 27.08-03.09.17
- GBH20: 03.09-10.09.17
- GBH21: 10.09-17.09.17
- 7 overnights at centrally located 4 star hotels
- 7 x buffet breakfast
- Welcome meeting with champagne-cocktail or juice
- Personalised welcome package
- Entrances to Old University in Vilnius, Rundale Palace and medieval Great Guild Hall in Tallinn
- Service of English and German speaking tour escort on all tours
- Service of Italian and Spanish speaking tour escort on all tours
- Service of Portuguese speaking tour escort on tour: GBH07, GBH09, GBH13, GBH16 and GBH20
- Service of 1st class motor coaches or 1st class minivans throughout the itinerary
- Portage at hotels
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED:
- International flight tickets (but we will help you buy inexpensive flight tickets).
- (*) - optional selected objects.
- Meals: Lunch, dinner.
- Medical Insurance.
- Personal expenses, gratuities to local guides and drivers, beverages, and other expenses not mentioned.
- P. S. you will have to pay extra for permission to take pictures and videos of certain objects.
- Transfer airport to Hotel Radisson Blu Lietuva: EUR 35.00 for private car (1-3 persons), EUR 55.00 for private minivan (4-7 persons)
- 3-hour excursion to Trakai and visit to Trakai Castle: EUR 40.00 pp
- Folklore dinner at Restaurant Belmontas: EUR 40.00 pp
- 4-hour excursion to Gauja National Park: EUR 50.00 pp
- 3-hour excursion to the Open Air Museum: EUR 40.00 pp
- Organ concert at the Dome Cathedral: EUR 35.00 pp
- 4-hour excursion to Jurmala with City Museum: EUR 40.00 pp
- Latvian dinner at Restaurant Forest: EUR 40.00 pp
- 3-hour excursion to Kadriorg Park and visit to KUMU: EUR 40.00 pp
- Medieval dinner at Restaurant Peppersack: EUR 40.00 pp
- Transfer Hotel Radisson Blu Olympia to airport: EUR 35.00 for private car (1-3 persons), EUR 55.00 for private minivan (4-7 persons)
- Half board at hotels (7 x 3 course dinner with coffee/tea): EUR 185.00 pp
- The trip program can be adjusted (price adjusted after inquiry).
- Anyone wishing to book 3* or 5* hotels during the trip (price adjusted after inquiry).
Tour: Baltic Highlights Tour
Traveller reviewsExcellent 5.0 / 5 All reviews (6)
Map of this tour
Latest Traveller Review
Visited April, 2017
"Travel to Baltic Highlights Tour was excellent our choice! Our guide was very knowledgeable, heedful, and especially personable and made the journey excellent!"
Visited April, 2017
Travel to Baltic Highlights Tour was excellent our choice! Our guide was very knowledgeable, heedful, and especially personable and made the journey excellent!Frank (Canada)
Visited June, 2017
The trip - Baltic Highlights Tour - was great. We had good weather almost every day. The key to the journey however was the guide, he was fabulous. Their knowledge was unpaid. 5starts from 5Emily (USA)
Visited April, 2017
TravelinBaltics is great choice to when you choosing a company. The company responded to dozens of my questions. Anyway I liked our trip to the Baltic coountries very much. I don't think I perceived how much I was learning while I was in this tour. After returning home I find out how much I learned. Baltic states are truly an amazing countries!!”Charlotte (England)
Visited June, 2017
This tour was completely unreal. Many thanks for TravelinBaltics company for detailed information. A great balance among towns, villages and free time for relax or active as you want. Our guide Mindaugas was splendid, with plenty of energy and passion for the colorful places we visited and lots of proposal for great places to eat and spend in our free time. Would friendly recommend!Jane (USA)
Visited April, 2017
Really great route, FANTASTIC guide. The tour includes a nice balance of activities and time to rest. Extremely recommend this tour!!!!Renate (German)
Visited May, 2017
Thank you Travelinbaltics company for one of the best tirp in my life! From the first day we stayed at best hotels such as Hotel Radisson Blu Lietuva, at Hotel Radisson Blu Olympia and so on. So I want to note that it was the best my decision! We visited amazing places, such as: Trakai, Sigulda, Paru with fantastics views, castles and of course nature in Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia. By the way the weather was amazing. Thank you again for unforgettable vacation!