Your Travel Guide in Baltics
Baltic Impressions Tour / 10days
Baltic Impressions Tour
The advantages of the trip:
- You will visit 3 Baltic Countries - Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia;
- A detailed tour itinerary;
- The Old Town of Vilnius, Riga and Tallinn which are included in the UNESCO World Heritage list;
- Visit Curonian Spit, High Dunes and Nida;
- Gauja National Park -amazing palace.
Day 1 (Friday): Arrival Tallinn
Welcome! Your exciting Baltic Tour begins today. Arrival in Tallinn, optional* transfer to Hotel Radisson Blu Olympia**** or similar, check-in, welcome meeting. Overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 2 (Saturday): Tallinn - Cesis
Breakfast. After breakfast we drive to the Lahemaa National Park, the biggest national park in Estonia, where we visit the Manor Houses in Palmse and Vihula. We continue to Tartu, the university town, where Estonia gained its statehood. We see the charming Old Town and the University founded in 1632. From Tartu we drive onwards into Latvia to Cesis, a Hanseatic city with winding streets, castle ruins and beautiful gardens. Check-in at Hotel Cesis*** or similar. Overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 3 (Sunday): Cesis - Vilnius
Breakfast. After breakfast today we drive through the Gauja National Park to Sigulda, a popular holiday resort. We see the ruins of the Episcopal Castle and the ruins of the Castle of the Knights of the Sword before we drive around Riga to hit the highway down to Vilnius. En route we reach the magnificent Rundale Palace, the former summer residence of the Duke of Courland. Following a guided tour of the palace we travel through Lithuania to reach Vilnius late afternoon. Check in at Hotel Radisson Blu Lietuva **** or similar. Overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 4 (Monday): Vilnius - Klaipėda
Breakfast. Vilnius is known for its more than 1.200 medieval buildings and 48 churches. The morning sightseeing tour includes a panoramic tour of the city and a walking tour of the Old Town with Vilnius Cathedral, Gediminas Tower, Peter and Paul Church, St. Anna’s Church, Old University and the Gates of Dawn. After the tour we continue to Trakai, the medieval capital of Lithuania and we visit the well preserved Trakai Castle, beautifully located on an island in Lake Galve. The balance of the day is spent en route to Klaipėda, where we arrive late afternoon. Check-in at Hotel National **** or similar. Overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 5 (Tuesday): Klaipėda
Breakfast. After breakfast the day is reserved for a full-day optional* tour to the Curonian Spit, a thin, 100 km stretch of land between the Baltic Sea and the Curonian Lagoon with small fishing villages, pine forests and endless sand dunes. Our first stop is the Hill of Witches in Juodkrante. After that we continue to Nida, where we visit the High Dunes, Thomas Mann’s summerhouse and get acquainted with the charming resort town before we drive back to Klaipėda. The evening offers an optional* Lithuanian dinner at Restaurant 19th Century. Overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 6 (Wednesday): Klaipėda - Riga
Breakfast. After breakfast a short sightseeing tour in Klaipėda, which first became a part of Lithuania in 1923 and had a long history as a German town called Memel. Tour takes us to the Old Town with its narrow, cobblestone streets and old guild houses and we visit the Theatre Square and the Aennchen von Tharau Fountain. We now continue to the Samogitia National Park, where we embark on a walking tour around the picturesque Lake Plateliai. After that we continue to Siauliai and Cross Hills, one of the holiest sites of Catholic Lithuania. We head North into Latvia and reach Riga in the afternoon, check-in at Hotel Radisson Blu Latvija **** or similar. The evening offers an optional* organ concert at the Dome Cathedral. Overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 7 (Thursday): Riga
Breakfast. After breakfast the walking tour in Riga founded in 1201 by the German bishop Albert is the largest of the 3 Baltic capitals and boasts a true kaleidoscope of various architectural styles. The tour of the Old Town includes Riga Castle, Dome Cathedral, St. Peter’s Church, Swedish Gates, Three Brothers, Large and Small Guild House and the Freedom Monument. The afternoon is reserved for an optional* visit to Jurmala, the vibrant Latvian sea resort, famous for its wooden architecture and sandy beaches. In the evening enjoy an optional* Latvian dinner at the stylish Restaurant Forest. Overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 8 (Friday): Riga-Tallinn
Breakfast. After breakfast the tour continues along the coastal highway to the Estonian summer resort of Parnu. We do a short tour of the resort before we continue through the North Estonian land of forests and arrive in Tallinn early afternoon, check-in at the Hotel Radisson Blu Olympia **** or similar. Overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 9 (Saturday): Tallinn
Breakfast. After breakfast the sightseeing tour in Tallinn is a charming blend of medieval tranquillity and modern urban life. The medieval Old Town is a busy place in the summer with its many shops, galleries, souvenir markets, outdoor cafés and restaurants. The sightseeing tour takes us around the old medieval city walls and into the Old Town where we see Toompea Castle, Dome Church, Alexander Nevsky Cathedral, medieval Old Town Hall and Great Guild Hall. In the afternoon an optional* excursion is offered to Kadriorg Park and visit to KUMU, the award-winning new Estonian art museum, with its collections of classic and contemporary fine art. The evening offers an optional* medieval dinner at Restaurant Peppersack. Overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 10 (Sunday): Tallinn Departure
Breakfast. Today marks the final day of your tour of the Baltic countries. Optional* transfer to the airport.
PLEASE NOTE: Terms and conditions!
PRICE per persone:
895.00 EUR 849.00 EUR (double occupancy); 350.00 EUR (single occupancy)
- GBI04: 11.05-20.05.18
- GBI06: 25.05-03.06.18
- GBI08: 08.06-17.06.18
- GBI09: 15.06-24.06.18
- GBI10: 22.06-01.07.18
- GBI11: 29.06-08.07.18
- GBI12: 06.07-15.07.18
- GBI13: 13.07-22.07.18
- GBI14: 20.07-29.07.18
- GBI15: 27.07-05.08.18
- GBI16: 03.08-12.08.18
- GBI17: 10.08-19.08.18
- GBI18: 17.08-26.08.18
- GBI20: 31.08-09.09.18
- 9 overnights at centrally located 3-4 star hotels
- 9 x buffet breakfast
- Welcome meeting with champagne-cocktail or juice
- Personalised welcome package
- Entrances to Palmse Manor House, Rundale Palace, Old University in Vilnius and medieval Great Guild Hall in Tallinn
- Service of English and German speaking tour escort on all tours
- Service of Italian and Spanish speaking tour escort on tours GBI 15 and GBI 17
- Service of 1st class motor coaches or 1st class minivans throughout the itinerary
- Portage at hotels
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED:
- International flight tickets (but we will help you buy inexpensive flight tickets).
- (*) - optional selected objects.
- Meals: Lunch, dinner.
- Medical Insurance.
- Personal expenses, gratuities to local guides and drivers, beverages, and other expenses not mentioned.
- P. S. you will have to pay extra for permission to take pictures and videos of certain objects.
- Transfer airport to Hotel Radisson Blu Olympia: EUR 35.00 for private car (1-3 persons), EUR 55.00 for private minivan (4-7 persons)
- 8-hour excursion to the Curonian Spit: EUR 80.00 pp
- Lithuanian dinner at Restaurant 19th Century: EUR 35.00 pp
- Organ concert at the Dome Cathedral: EUR 35.00 pp
- 4-hour excursion to Jurmala: EUR 40.00 pp
- Latvian dinner at Restaurant Forest: EUR 40.00 pp
- 3-hour excursion to Kadriorg Park and visit to KUMU: EUR 40.00 pp
- Medieval dinner at Restaurant Peppersack: EUR 40.00 pp
- Transfer Hotel Radisson Blu Olympia to airport: EUR 35.00 for private car (1-3 persons), EUR 55.00 for private minivan (4-7 persons)
- Half board at hotels (9 x 3 course dinner with coffee/tea): EUR 235.00 pp
- The trip program can be adjusted (price adjusted after inquiry).
- Anyone wishing to book 5* hotels during the trip (price adjusted after inquiry).
Tour: Baltic Impressions Tour
Traveller reviewsExcellent 5.0 / 5 All reviews (3)
Map of this tour
Latest Traveller Review
Visited June, 2016
"What a great company. Vytautas and his team did a excellent job to make it a success. We visited the famous city and the famous places, that was a amazing trip, all of us have a magical experience! "
Visited June, 2016
What a great company. Vytautas and his team did a excellent job to make it a success. We visited the famous city and the famous places, that was a amazing trip, all of us have a magical experience!Chow (Singapore)
Visited September, 2016
Andris was our guide, and he was amazing. He was lovely and discerning and made our tour very pleasant.Marianne (USA)
Visited August, 2016
Very good tour. Well organized and full. The guide was with lots of information and helped us to see all the major sights. From our know-how, we can highly recommend the professional tour of Baltic tour arranged by TravelinBaltics.