Your Travel Guide in Baltics
Secret Soviet Bunker in Latvia
The Secret Soviet Bunker in Latvia
The Secret Soviet Bunker of Ligatne
Soviet bunker is situated 9 metres underground which was to be no longer secret only in 2003. It was built in the 1980s for the needs of the political and power elite for governing the state in the case of a chemical or nuclear attack.
In the bunker you will find:
- Plans and projections in regard to what would happen if because of a war, dams of all hydropower stations were destroyed, which territories would be under water and how that would affect largest towns;
- Autonomous electrical station with diesel generators and fuel reservoirs;
- Conditioning equipment for air purification;
- Water supply and sewerage equipment which operates in accordance with submarine principle;
- Special telecommunication unit that secured direct communication with Moscow Kremlin and autonomous communication with the key services in the entire country;
- Books by Marx, Lenin, Brezhnev and other Soviet times politicians;
- Unique map with historic names of collective farms;
- Materials of the XXII Congress of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union;
- Canteen with a typical Soviet menu;
- Various Soviet times memorabilia, household and daily items.
More Battle Museum
Located in the place where, during World War II, from 26 September to 6 October 1944 fierce battles between Latvian legion soldiers and soldiers of the Soviet Army took place.
Museum hosts excibition of the objects found on the battle field and the recorded materials regarding this episode of war.
In More you will see:
- a tank and other historical testimonies
- the weapons found on the battle field
- battle front line - war trenches
- monuments dedicated to war
- a model of More battle
Languages: Latvian, Russian, English.
PLEASE NOTE: we can arrange the best price for your individual request. Flexible prices depend on number of tourists. Please make your request! Guided tours on working days without meals at 15:00
- Traveling on a comfortable bus / minibus / Light machine with an AC.
- Pick up and drop off from hotel and.
- Excursion - entertainment program (in a description).
- Local guides in Museum of Bunker and whole tour time.
- Guided tours, meals in the canteen of Soviet style - every Saturday.
- The travel paperwork documentation.
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED:
- International flight tickets (but we will help you buy inexpensive flight tickets).
- Medical Insurance.
- Personal expenses, gratuities to local guides and drivers, beverages, and other expenses not mentioned.
- P. S. you will have to pay extra for permission to take pictures and videos of certain objects (Mores Battle Museum
+ 2,5 EUR).
- The interpreter can be hired at extra cost. The prices need to be arranged for each group. The price depends on the group size.
Tour: Cold War Tour in Latvia