Your Travel Guide in Baltics
Druskininkai (Grutas park) Tour
Druskininkai (Grutas park) Tour
Druskininkai is the oldest resort in Lithuania. Curative local status was granted in 1974. Now, the resort is most prized and valued for its healing spring. Mineral water is being used for drinking and various procedures. The city had built many spas, villas, hotels, cafes, and walking. There is a big number of sanatoriums and spas working all year round.
Your sightseeing tour will begin at the Virgin Mary Church, which was built in 1931., Reminiscent of St Anne's Church in Vilnius. Inside, the nave is covered by 3 stellar vaults, the church is decorated with beautiful stained glass windows.
You will visit M.K.Ciurlionis Memorial Museum*. From 1986 to 1913 Lithuania’s most prominent personality – M.K.Ciurlionis lived and worked in Druskininkai at his parent’s house. Now, there are two family homes which were restored in authentic way of life, in other buildings there are the artist’s works, biography dull reflective displays. Museum hosts concerts, events, and exhibits. Later you will proceed to the city of Druskininkai museum*, which was opened in 2000. At the Museum of Druskininkai, you will find rich local the history collections: an introduction to the ancient town of Druskininkai health resort park.
After lunch, you will go to Grutas Park*, which is located 5 km. from Druskininkai. Grutas Park was opened in Grutas village since 2001. It exhibits all of the Soviet idols sculptures gathered from all over Lithuanian. 20ha park territory exhibits 86 pieces by 46 authors. This is a unique phenomenon. Most statues in the park are Lenin, because in soviet times even a small town had to have “their Lenin statue”. The park also features a wooden building of the museum, which accumulated in the Soviet period, a documentary that tells about the Soviet government policies and propaganda. In 2010, world-famous travel guide Lonely Planet, mentioned Grutas Parks as the world's museums excentric parks. Later, it was awarded the 4th place.
For an extra bonus, we offer a visit to Druskininkai Water Park. This exceptional recreation has 22 baths, water entertainment complex. ONE Adventure Park invites all who like active rest and meaningful leisure time outdoors. SNOW Arena - the only year-round winter entertainment complex in the Baltic countries. 8 hectares area is equipped with three ski slopes for skiing and snowboarding, with a total length of 1100m.
PLEASE NOTE: we can arrange the best price for your individual request. Flexible prices depend on number of tourists. Please make your request!
- Traveling on a comfortable bus / minibus / car with an AC.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in Druskininkai.
- Excursion - entertainment program (in the description).
- Local guides.
- The travel paperwork documentation.
- Free WiFi on your trip.
WHAT ISN'T INCLUDED:
- (*) - tour at paid attractions: tourists pay about 10 euros all in (*) selected objects.
- Medical insurance.
- Personal expenses, gratuities to local guides and drivers, beverages, and other expenses not mentioned.
- Note! You will have to pay extra for permission to take pictures and videos of certain objects.
- M.K.Ciurlionio Memorial Museum. Mondays and public holidays - closed.
- Druskininkai town museum. The museum is closed on public holidays.
- Grutas Park. Grutas Park is open daily from 9 am. Closes at dusk, when the outdoor exposure can not be seen.
DURING THE TRIP, IN ADDITION, WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- Concerts in Druskininkai.
- Tasting events of beer and other Lithuanian drinks.
- Airplane flight (guided tour) **.
- ONE Adventure Park;
- SNOW Arena;
- Druskininkai Aqua Park;
- And many other attractions.
- ** Depending on the season and weather conditions.
The trip program can be adjusted (price adjusted after inquiry).
Tour: Druskininkai (Grutas park) Tour